Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Well, I hope that however you spent your New Years is was relaxing, fun, and filled with friends and family.

So. . . did you complete any challenges that you posed for yourself in 2015?
Have you made new resolutions for this year?

I had two challenges on-going and perhaps today is a good day to revisit them.

The first challenge that I created for myself was to have all items off needles by midnight.  I may have raised the bar a bit to high on this one and I definitely did not factor in my Christmas gift knitting. (so I have given myself a 3 month extension)

The list 3 months ago was:
1. Evenstar Shawl - just started last chart - 100 rows, then the border is left
2. Crescent Shawl - on lace trim section (Stash Buster #7)
3. Lace Cardigan style vest - actually up to the armholes
4. Infinity Scarf (Stash buster #6)
5. Gift Item for Christmas (can't ruin the surprise)

The list as of this morning:
1. Evenstar Shawl - just started last chart - 100 rows, then the border is left
2. Crescent Shawl - on lace trim section (Stash Buster #7)
3. Lace Cardigan style vest - actually up to the armholes
4. Stranded Yoke Sweater
5. Sock scrap blanket

Hmmm - apparently still the same number of items, just changed it up a bit.

Perhaps we need to take a look at challenge #2:

Goal is to have 50% or more of my stash used up by the end of 2016 (a bit more realistic with timeframes on this one).  As you can see the stash busting is moving along a bit better than completing projects. And now that Christmas is over with I can share how I managed to get this amount of yarn busted! 

Approximately 120 different yarn groupings to use up, as of today 32 have been removed from my inventory.



Marilynn's Hat
Mom's Hat
Cattia Sample
Pear Tree Cowl
Dryer Balls for all (emptied almost at 17 gallon bin)



Socks for Mom


Adama cowl
toque for workmate


Star Shower Cowl
Noro Silk Scarf
Star Shower Cowl

Cattia Cowl
Pear Tree Hat (Before pompom)
Border Hat

To Shy for Photo's
Will's Hat
Dad's Socks
Mom's Ruffle Scarf


But my most favourite knitted item of 2015 was created using the Hollow Acres Alpaca, a gift of yarn given to me by special friends on a special b-day.  It took a few years to decide what to make, but I am truly happy with the outcome.  

 The hat is a diamond and double moss stitch pattern with a large ribbed edge which the scarf coordinates with.  The faux-fur pompom's complete the look.  Now if winter ever arrives I am ready!








No comments:

Post a Comment